1. Italy 2. tall 3. eight 4. heavy
5. sand 6. 1590 7. iron 8. same time
1-5 BBCAB 6-10 CCACB
I. 1. Stay in the house on a nice day like this? Come on, Tina, let's go to the gym to play soccer.
2. I'd like a cup of coffee. But my doctor said I can't drink coffee or tea. I have to drink water.
3. My mother is a doctor and my father is a teacher. But I want to be a lawyer in the future.
4. Last year we went to France and America and we plan to go to Japan this summer.
5. It was sunny this morning, but it is raining outside now.
II. A farmer had one black sheep and three white ones. The black sheep was friendly to everyone in the group. But the white sheep often laughed at him. They thought he was ugly. The farmer did not like him, either. He gave bad food to the black one.
One winter day, the four sheep went out to eat grass. They went far away from home. Suddenly it began to snow. After a while, there was white snow everywhere on the ground. They couldn’t find their way home.
When the farmer found that his sheep were not home, he went out to look for them. There was snow everywhere. Suddenly, he saw a black animal in the snow. It was his black sheep. The white sheep were there, too. The farmer said happily, “Thanks to the black sheep, I can find you!”