1. Rice 2. Wheat 3. Hunan province 4. spicy 5. soup
6. wheat dough 7. Tianjin 8. spicy sauce 9. Common 10. the country
I. 1. Mike doesn't like coffee, so I prepared some tea.
2. Anne goes to gym every day. She wants to lose weight.
3. Mr Smith just moved to China, so we'll have a new math teacher this semester.
4. The dictionary on the desk is yours. Mine is on the chair over there.
5. I like Liu Yifei very much, but I don't like her latest movie Mulan.
II. One day, Mrs Arnold was going to teach the names of animals to a class of 5-year-old kids.
First, she held up a picture of a deer and asked one boy, "Sammy, what is this animal?" Sammy looked at the picture and answered, "I'm sorry Mrs Arnold, I don't know."
Mrs Arnold was not one to give up easily, so she then asked Sammy, “Well, Sammy, what does your mom call your dad?”
Sammy suddenly became happy, but then he looked worried. He asked, "Mrs Arnold, is that really a pig?”