1. Diet 2. fresh 3. Take 4. relax 5. seven to eight
6. dark circles 7. Blink 8. moist 9. rub
10. poor or bright 11. sunglasses 12. rest
I. 1. Jenny is angry with her little brother for breaking the vase.
2. Mary went back to the restaurant because she left her keys there.
3. Last year, my mom bought me a cat. He was 4 years old and one year younger than my dog.
4. Dad, it is cold outside. You should wear a coat before you start working in the garden.
II. Lucas found a job at a big company in a tall building. There were some coffee shops and restaurants on the ground floor.
On his first day of work, Lucas felt thirsty and called a coffee shop for a cup of coffee.
“Please bring me a cup of coffee!” he shouted into the phone.
“You’ve dialed the wrong number!” an angry voice replied. “Do you know who you are talking to?”
“No, I don’t,” Lucas replied.
“I’m the boss of the company,” the man shouted again.
Lucas was afraid. He didn’t want to lose his job. So he soon came up with an idea.
He asked, “Oh, I see. You are the boss. So do you know who you are talking to now?”
“No,” the boss answered.
“Well, that’s perfect!” Lucas said and quickly hung up the phone.