D1 1. Asian 2. cuisines 3. spots 4. feed 5. job 6. jokes 7. hundreds 8. people 9. understand 10. powerful
D2 1-3 DBA
D3 1-3 DDA
D4 1-4 BCCD
D5 1-5 DGAEB
1. D。从“Kaijus aren’t always evil”可知，Kaijus并不一定是邪恶的，而有可能是善意的。文中没有比较Kaijus和monsters两者之间哪个更强大，哪个更嗜血，A，B错误，文中也没有提到Kaijus是不是成群结队出现的。
2. B。从“He steps in to correct any species that might threaten our planet”可知，Godzilla是地球的保护者。从“Godzilla has a soft spot for human beings and that some emotional connections have been built up between us. But we’re probably just flattering ourselves”可知，如果人们认为Godzilla是人类的好朋友，那就错了，A错误。Godzilla也不会主动危害人类，它不是人类的威胁。电影导演也没有说Godzilla是superhero的典型代表。
1. D。根据最后两段His 2017 book, The Unaccompanied, was described by The Guardian as documenting "a world in social and economic meltdown"以及Armitage says he'll use his stipend to set up "something in the field of climate change" and draw attention to environmental issues.可知，Armitage很关心一些社会问题，故选D。
2. D。根据第三段he has always had the remarkable capacity to take on whatever he encounters in the world and ... fashion it into very good poetry可知D正确。
1. B。根据文章第一段“they were the kind of people who were constantly looking for trouble”可知，作者刚开始认为骑摩托车的人都是找麻烦的人，答案为B。A、C两项文章未提及；D项与文章意思相反。
2. C。根据文章第四五段“可知，作者第一次骑摩托车全程都非常紧张，即使下了车也无法摆脱紧张，答案为C，她无法完全享受骑车。根据文章“I prepared very well: a new helmet and slightly oversized leather jacket.”可排除A项；根据文章“I held on a little too tight and breathed a little too infrequently. The cars felt a little too close and traffic seemed to move too fast.”可排除B项；D项与原文相反。
3. C。根据文章最后一段“you really can't judge a book by its cover - no matter how much leather it wears”可判断答案为C，不能以貌取人，即外表有时会误导自己。
1-5 CBABC 6-10 BBACC 11-15 BACAC 16-20 CBCAB
第一节21-25 BCCAC 26-30 DACBA 31-35 DCACD
第二节 36-40 ECAGD
第一节 41-45 CABAD 46-50 BCABC 51-55 DDBAC 56-60 BADBC
第二节 61. if/whether 62. a 63. who/that 64. us 65. to help 66. shaking 67. secretly 68. minutes 69. on 70. needs
第一节 71. daughter→daughter’s72. Although→When/ As /After73. confusing→confused74. attentions→attention75. 在poor前∧a76. 去掉explained前的had
77. sat→sitting78. up→on79. what→that或者去掉what
My name is Li Hua. I am writing this letter as I would like to volunteer to help at the ninth BRICS Summit.
I’m an 18-year-old man from Xiamen and I’m studying at a foreign language school. I would love to help out when the BRIC Summit takes place in my hometown. To begin with, I have a good knowledge of both English and French. My main interests also happen to be politics, the economy and current affairs. Furthermore, I’m skilled at communicating with others – I’m the captain of my class’s debate team – and I always enjoy helping others. Last, there is no doubt that I’m familiar with our city, which will surely be of great importance to the job.
If given the chance, I’ll spare no effort to provide the best service to those who need it. I would appreciate it if you could respond to my application. I look forward to hearing from you.
M: I’d like an economy seat to Hong Kong.
W: Sure. The next flight takes off at 11 am.
M: Did you receive the letter I sent to you last week?
W: Oh my goodness. What’s wrong? Do you want to fire me?
M: Oh, no. I want to promote you.
W: That actress’s hairstyle looks so silly.
M: Can’t you keep quiet? This is the 15th time you’ve made a comment since the movie started.
M: Well, I’ve brought in a lot of business for my company. But now, I feel like going into business for myself.
W: Do you mean you want to set up a company of your own?
M: That’s my dream.
M: Sally, when are you going to Japan?
W: I don’t know. It’s all up in the air.
M: What’s going on? I thought it was all set.
M: Good morning, may I help you?
W: I’d like to rent a car, please.
M: OK. Full size, mid-size or small size?
W: Small size, for two days, please. How much will that be?
M: It comes to $78 a day.
M: Have you got your timetable?
M: When do we have Dr Kent’s lecture?
W: Monday morning at 9:30 and also Friday morning at 10:30.
M: How long do they last?
W: Each one’s an hour.
M: Which rooms are they in?
W: The Monday morning lecture takes place in Room 50. The Friday morning one is in Room 15.
M: Thanks. You’re always so helpful to me.
M: These bonsai trees are so beautiful! How are they grown?
W: Well, first you take a healthy young tree - almost any kind of tree can be used.
W: Yes. Then remove some of the leaves and branches. You also have to cut back some of the roots.
M: Why’s that?
W: It makes it grow more slowly. Then it’s planted in a pot with a bit of soil.
M: How do you get it to grow into an interesting shape?
W: Well, wire is used to tie the branches into the shape you want. When the tree’s older, the wire’s removed.
M: I see.
W: The tree has to be given plenty of fertilizer. As it grows, you should cut it regularly so it doesn’t grow too big. And from time to time, it’s taken out of its pot and its roots are cut.
W: Dr Lee’s office. Can I help you?
M: Yes, I’d like to make an appointment to see Dr Lee, please.
W: Is this your first visit?
W: OK. Could I have your name, please?
M: Yes. My name is Ronald, r-o-n-a-l-d. My last name’s Southgate, s-o-u-t-h-g-a-t-e.
W: Can I have your insurance number?
M: It’s 481-624.
W: And how did you hear about our clinic?
M: Uh, I drove past it the day before yesterday.
W: OK. How about the day after tomorrow on Wednesday at 3:00 pm?
M: Uh. Can you set the appointment in the morning? I need to pick up my kids from school in the afternoon.
W: OK. Um … how about Tuesday at 8:00 am or Thursday at 9:00 am？
M: Uh, do you have anything earlier, like 7:30?
W: No, I’m sorry.
M: Well, then, Tuesday would be fine.
W: OK. Could I have your phone number please?
M: It’s 686-893.
W: Great. And what’s the purpose of your visit?
M: Well, my stomach suddenly ached when I woke up today. It’s been hurting all morning.
W: In that case, Mr Southgate, I think you should come here today. I don’t think your case can wait.
W: Now let’s move on to our next topic, cellphones at school. The sounds phones make usually interrupt other people’s studies. This is why as a student, it’s important to learn how to use your phone in a polite way. There are a few things you need to remember if you want to use your phone politely. First, never answer a call in the middle of a conversation with another person, unless you ask for his or her permission first. Talking on the phone and making others wait is impolite. Second, if you need to speak to someone when there are others around, it’s more polite to send them a message instead of calling them. Third, talking too loudly in public often makes others feel uncomfortable. No one really wants to listen to what other people have to say, so it’s best to keep your voice as low as possible. The last and most important thing is to switch your phone to silent mode at school. Remember to do these things, and you’re on your way to becoming a polite cellphone user.
21. B。根据“Bible/Life Lessons Story Time Readers: 2:30-3:00 pm”可知圣经阅读课安排在低年级活动时段。
22. C。根据文意可知literacy program是识字训练项目，因此需要懂得教学的老师，再考虑到每个人的时间段，可知只有Molly最合适。
23. C。根据“Recreation Time Leaders: 3:30-4:00 pm. Teach art, gardening, sewing, cooking etc”这个职位的要求可知Tom最适合这个职位。参照后文的时间表只有3:30 – 4:00这个时间档最合适，因此选C。
28. C。根据第三段According to a new study published in the journal Cell in October, gene variations (基因变异) might be responsible for these differences, Xinhua reported.可知该研究主要对比分析了中国不同地区人们的基因，从基因的角度解释了不同地区的人们在饮食习惯、对疾病的免疫以及身体特征等方面的差异，因此选C。
29. B。根据第六段The researchers reported that a variation of the gene FADS2 is more commonly found in northern people than it is in southern people. It helps people metabolize (新陈代谢) fatty acids (脂肪酸), which suggests a diet that is rich in meat.可知文中提到的FADS2基因的这种变异可以帮助人们消化肉，因此选B，其他选项均不正确。
32. C。根据第二段Fans of the show even started a petition to urge McDonald’s to bring the sauce back. And it did, but only for one day on Oct 7, 2017可知，Rick and Morty的粉丝要求麦当劳重新推出四川辣酱,而后四川辣酱再次出售，故C正确。四川辣酱只是在Rick and Morty中被提到了，并不是出现在电影中，A错误。四川辣酱最早是用来宣传电影《花木兰》，并不是麦当劳的鸡块，B错误。D选项文章未提及。
33. A。啤酒与炸鸡出现在文中第五段，根据前文可知与This situation is similar to the beer-and-fried-chicken craze of 2013.，作者认为麦当劳的四川辣酱的火爆和啤酒与炸鸡热如出一辙，都体现了影视作品对于人们生活的影响，故A正确。
34. C。根据these kinds of phenomenon are all about wanting to feel part of something bigger, and feeling connected with other people可知，人们追求电视节目中出现的事物是因为想体会一种参与感、归属感，可与他人建立联系，故C正确。A、B、D文章未提及。
42. A。根据文章最后一句“And second, the only defense (防卫) for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm.”可知，此处选A。
43. B。联系下文是“the teacher had taught him only one move”可知，此处意思指这个男孩向一个年长的柔道老师学柔道，故选B。
44. A。根据下文中“Several more months later”可知，答案选A。
49. B。根据句中的easily以及下文的“The third match was more ..., he used his one move to win the match.”可知，男孩很轻松地赢得了前两轮比赛，故选B。
52. D。句中所填的单词和bigger和more experienced并列，对比四个选项可知答案选D。
56. B。联系下文“He dropped his guard”(男孩的对手丧失了警惕)可知，答案选B。
57. A。联系上文“The boy had won the match and the tournament”可知，男孩赢得了锦标赛，即他是“冠军”，故选A。
59. B。联系上文的问句，以及下文的“First ... And second ...”可知，此处老师说“你因为两个原因赢得比赛”，故选B。
60. C。根据文中第三段“the teacher had taught him only one move”可知，答案选C。
主办单位：中国日报社 Copyright www.i21st.cn All Rights Reserved 版权所有 复制必究 京ICP备13028878号-12 京公网安备11010502010736号