2020-21学年高二第43期总第835期 III 版听力测试原文
W: Any sign of the train?
M: Six o’clock train? No, it’s far too early. We’ve only been here for half an hour. It will be another hour at least.
W: Honey, there’s a good art film at the Central Cinema. Shall we go? I should be home from work at 5:45.
M: Good idea. But wait a minute... It starts at 6:20. I don’t think we can make it in time. How about the action film at 6:50? Perhaps the 7 o’clock one starring Andrew is even better.
W: That’s great. I love romances too.
W: Lucas, you’ve been there in front of that cake counter forever.
M: Sorry, how I wish they didn’t offer so many choices.
W: John, last night’s storm was crazy! My electricity kept shutting off.
M: Losing power is small potatoes compared to what happened to my neighbors. A huge tree fell on her house and car.
W: Harry, let’s play some ping-pong today.
M: I’d love to play a set or two, but you know there’s a basketball match on TV today.
W: OK, you stay, and I’ll play with Helen.
W: What happened up ahead?
M: A car crashed into a passerby. And the policemen are working on it.
W: I hope our bus can get through. I’m busy at work.
M: I don’t think it can. There’s a queue of cars waiting to get through.
W: Do you know if the man is OK?
M: I watched the rescue from my side window. He seemed OK. You can probably see from your window as well.
W: Thank goodness. The bus is moving. Hopefully I can get to work on time.
W: Excuse me, sir?
M: Yes? How can I help you, miss?
W: I’m afraid I lost my passport. I need to apply for a new one.
M: Oh, that’s too bad. It’s really a lot of trouble. Well, first you’ll need to fill out some forms, and then you stick your photos on these two forms.
W: All these forms?
M: I’m afraid so. Here’s a pen to get started.
W: That’s OK. I have one in my coat pocket... Huh? What’s this? Oh, my god! It’s my passport! I must have put it into my coat pocket when I left the bank after cashing a traveler’s check the other day.
M: Lucky you!
W: What can I do for you?
M: Yes, could you help with my Walkman? It doesn’t work.
W: I’m sorry. We don’t repair things. But we have several models you may want to look at. This Kregg portable cassette player is very good.
M: Kregg? I've never heard of that company.
W: It's a German company. This unit has auto-reverse, recording capabilities and an AM/FM radio band. It also has a built-in microphone.
M: I suppose I don't want that one then. I don't like auto-reverse. It breaks too easily.
W: Really? Have you had an auto-reverse break before?
M: Yes, twice now. I think it's too high-tech, and so it's the first part that breaks.
W: Hmm. You know, the problem might be dust. Did you clean the unit often?
M: No, I didn't clean it. But still, I don't trust auto-reverse.
W: All right. How about this one? It has all the functions except auto-reverse.
M: It looks great. But still, I think I would like to find somewhere to repair mine.
M: Uh, Professor Douglas, I saw a notice about your ski cabin rental. Is it still available?
W: Yes. Which days are you interested in?
M: We'd like to go this Friday and Saturday, if possible. If not, the following weekend is fine too.
W: Let me see, one couple is there now, but they're going to be leaving on Thursday of this week, so it should be fine on Friday and Saturday.
M: We have six people in all. Is that OK? Do you have room for that many?
W: Sure. There are two bedrooms and a pull-out bed in the living room, so it can sleep six.
M: Thank you very much. By the way, how much should we pay?
W: It's $100 for the weekend.
M: You mean $100 for six of us for two nights? That sounds great.
W: Good. The price is low because we expect you to clean up the cabin before you leave. Can you come by my office tomorrow for the key and instructions? My office hours are 2 to 3 pm.
M: All right. By the way, Professor Douglas, could you also show me how to get up to the cabin? I’ll bring a map with me tomorrow.
W: Of course. Actually, I've already drawn a map that I'll give you when I give you the key and instructions.
M: Great. Thank you very much. I'll see you tomorrow.
W: The new movie Wonder Woman 1984, the second film of the Wonder Woman series, has enjoyed a successful opening in 2020. It earned $16.7 million over the Christmas weekend. That is not a large amount in a normal year. But the coronavirus health crisis has changed expectations in the movie business. Wonder Woman 1984 not only played in about 2,150 theaters but was also released online at the same time. The movie made an additional $19.4 million internationally. Patty Jenkins directed, and Gal Gadot starred in both films. The first was a huge success, setting a record for biggest opening by a female filmmaker, while this one cost about $200 million to make. WarnerMedia owns the film series and is praising the performance as the best that could be expected, given the current conditions. On Sunday, the studio announced that it would speed up production of a third Wonder Woman film, with Jenkins and Gadot returning. "Wonder Woman 1984 broke records and exceeded our expectations," said Andy Forssell, a WarnerMedia official.
D1 1-3 CDD
D2 1-3 CBD
D3 1-3 CBA
D4 1-4 BCAC
D5 1-5 BABCA 5-10 DDCBA 1-15 BDBCC
D1 1-3 CDD
1. C。根据文章第3段“… Mind Over Media shows the girl receiving a text from a friend offering support after she expressed suicidal thoughts.”和第5段“… Korchkov said. ‘… and I always reach out to them and let them know they’re not alone.’”可得Mind Over Media主要内容是帮助有自杀想法的朋友，故本题选C。
2. D。根据文章第7段“… offering words of encouragement about ignoring criticism from other girls and embracing her strength and self-worth.”可知The Pep Talk意在鼓励观众认识到自己的力量和自我价值，故本题选D。
3. D。根据文章第1段最后一句“It’s a nonprofit competition that promotes suicide prevention and mental health awareness …”和最后一段第2句“… student films produced for Directing Change are effective at increasing knowledge and skills as well as changing attitudes and behaviors related to mental illness and suicide prevention.”可知这一比赛意在促进心理健康，防止自杀，故本题选D。
D2 1-3 CBD
1.C。从文章第三段“he found great inspiration in his own childhood. Born in New York, US, Carle remembered an early life filled with art, light and walking through nature holding his father’s hand.”可知，Eric Carle从童年经历汲取绘画灵感，故正确答案为C。
2.B。从文章第五段“to replace it with a positive message”可知，Eric Carle努力去对抗这种恐惧，以积极的力量去战胜恐惧，故正确答案为B。
3.D。从文章最后一段“‘Children need hope.’ He continued: ‘You — little insignificant caterpillar — can grow up into a beautiful butterfly and fly into the world with your talent.’”可知，Eric Carle想要在书中传达儿童应被鼓励充分发挥其潜能，故正确答案为D。
D3 1-3 CBA
1. C。根据文章第4段第2句“The 15 roaming elephants have damaged 561,333 square meters of crops and caused financial losses of nearly 6.8 million yuan on their 500-kilometer journey.”可得象群造成了巨大的经济损失，故本题选C。
2. B。根据文章第4段第3、4句“Why did the elephants travel so far from their original habitat? Guo Xianming, … said a lack of food is the animals’ main problem.”可知郭贤明认为食物短缺是造成象群离开栖息地的主要原因，故本题选B。
3. A。根据文章第6段第4句“In 2017, this pilot project was expanded to double its original size in an effort to reduce friction between villagers and the elephants eating their crops due to food shortages.”可知扩大进食点是为了减少大象与村民之间的摩擦，故本题选A。
D4 1-4 BCAC
1. B。从第二段“I’ve always wanted to find a fossil.”可知，作者希望能够找到化石，所以他才一直坚持不懈地在花园挖掘，故正确答案为B。
2. C。作者在挖掘出化石后，父亲不仅给the Fossil Finds UK Facebook group寄去录像，和作者翻阅各种书籍，还向博物馆的专家寻求帮助，所以作者父亲的态度是支持的，故正确答案为C。
D5 1-5 BABCA 5-10 DDCBA 1-15 BDBCC
1. B。根据文章第4段第1句“One Sunday morning we were talking on the phone …”，作者的父亲每个星期天都会给他打电话，故本题选B。
2. A。根据下文“All he asked me to do was 3 his brush and talk to him.”父亲让我帮忙___刷子，可知父亲粉刷了房子，故本题选A。
3. B。根据第1段“… he would ask me to hold the hammer …”可知，作者父亲经常让他帮忙拿工具，可以推知这里父亲让他帮忙拿着（hold）刷子，故本题选B。
5. A。根据上文，作者父亲经常让作者拿着工具，并借这个机会聊天，可以推知这里父亲让作者与他聊天（have a talk），故本题选A。
6. D。根据上文，作者父亲每周日都跟他打电话，可以推知这里是父亲照常（as usual）与他通话，故本题选D。
7. D。根据下文，父亲生病，所以通话时可能出现生病迹象，许多最近讨论的事，父亲都忘记了（had forgotten），故本题选D。
8. C。根据上文“I was in a hurry …”我很着急，可以推知对话会很短（short），故本题选C。
11. B。根据下文“After his death …”可知父亲去世（passed away）了，故本题选B。