20-21学年高一第43期总第835期 III 版口语直通车参考答案
- Why do you think people should be honest?
- I think people should be honest because it shows that you are sincere. If you are honest with others, it can help you to build trust and form stronger relationships. However, if you tell a lot of lies, people may not be willing to believe you in the future. They will doubt whether you are credible and can be trusted. That is why it is important to be honest and tell the truth.
- How do you feel when someone is dishonest with you?
- When someone is dishonest with me, I will question whether what that person says can be believed or not. If somebody lies to me about something important, I will feel betrayed and upset. If someone is continuously dishonest, I will not want to be around them or be their friend.
- Can you describe a time when you benefited from being honest?
- There have been many times in my life when I have benefited from being honest. For example, when I was younger, I accidentally broke something that was important to my sister. I was truthful and told her what had happened. I had a heart-to-heart with her saying how sorry I was that I accidentally broke it and that I didn’t mean to damage it. Once I revealed the truth to her, I felt like a weight was lifted off of me. My sister was upset the item was broken, but she was happy I was so sincere with my apology and didn’t try to cover it up.
- What is your view of white lies?
- I think this is a tricky question to answer. Sometimes, I think it is okay to tell a white lie here or there. For example, if your friend buys an expensive outfit and loves it but you don’t like it, I think it would be rude to be frank and say that you think it is ugly. On the other hand, a small white lie can quickly turn into a big problem if you aren’t careful. If you need to be honest about something that can hurt someone’s feelings, be sure to be kind and gentle when you tell them.
Last Friday, Li Hua sat the midterm exam. While he was taking the exam, he was really struggling to answer a question. As time went on, Li Hua was becoming worried that he wouldn’t finish the exam in time. He thought to himself whether or not he should cheat by looking at someone else’s exam paper. It felt like he had a devil on one shoulder telling him to cheat, and an angel on his other shoulder telling him not to cheat. In the end, Li Hua decided that it was best to be honest and to not cheat. Li Hua was happy that he didn’t cheat on his exam and tried his best to be honest.