20-21学年高二第43期总第835期 III 版口语直通车参考答案
- What types of books do you like to read?
- I love all kinds of books. Some of my favorite book genres are non-fiction, science fiction, fantasy and dystopian. I like to read these kinds of books because they help me reflect on my thoughts and emotions. Reading books is a great way to put yourself into someone else’s shoes and to be more empathetic.
- How often do you read books?
- One of my New Year’s resolutions was to read more books. Because of that, I try to read at least 30 minutes every day. I always enjoy being able to read my favorite books each day.
- What’s your favorite book? Why do you like it?
- My favorite books are the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling. I like these books because they were the first books that helped me fall in love with reading. When I was younger, I didn’t like to read for fun. I only read for my class assignments. But then, I read the first Harry Potter book. After that, I just wanted to read more and more. I couldn’t wait for each Harry Potter book to come out. I thought that the plot and characters were very magical and interesting.
- How can people benefit from reading?
- There are so many advantages to reading books. For example, you can expand your knowledge about different topics, it helps you broaden your imagination, you can improve your vocabulary and it is a great way of learning about the world around you. If you are well-read, I think you become more knowledgeable, imaginative and creative. Not only that, but you can explore new worlds with just the power of your imagination.
Last weekend, Li Hua went to a bookstore not far away from his home. His homework assignment that week was to read a book and give a book review to the rest of the class. There were so many books to choose from at the bookstore. After looking and looking for the perfect book to read, Li Hua finally decided on the first Harry Potter book. He quickly bought the book and brought it back home. That night, he started working on his homework assignment. When it was time for his presentation, Li Hua was so excited to tell his classmates about how enjoyable reading Harry Potter was. Li Hua hoped his book review inspired others to read more.