Senior Sample Answers, Topic: Family Relationships
- In your opinion, what makes a family?
- To me, a family is made up of people who love and support you. You can feel secure knowing that you have a close emotional bond with them and that you can rely on them to protect you. A family gives you a sense of belonging where you can share your happiness and sadness, as well as the challenges you face and the goals you achieve.
- What does family mean to you?
- A family means that you can be free to express what you think and how you feel without worrying about being rejected. Having a family bond means that you can have open and honest communication with your loved ones. Even if you don't share the same beliefs, you know that they will always be there for you.
- What do you like the most about your family?
- The thing that I like most about my family is that they have always respected me and have provided me with a sense of belonging. My family has given me the strength I need to build upon myself, which has helped to shape me how I am today. Not only that, but my family has even made sacrifices to ensure that I could grow and flourish.
- What do you think about having a brother or sister?
- I love having an older sister. She is my best friend and we share a lot of the same common beliefs, interests and hobbies. Although we live far away from one another, we always make an effort to stay connected and spend quality time together on the phone or through video calls.
- What conflicts have you had with your family? How did you solve them?
- Over the years, I have had a number of conflicts with my family members. Many of these conflicts were because of a harmless misunderstanding or a more serious difference in viewpoints. However, we were able to overcome these arguments because we knew that -- at the end of the day -- we would always be family. And that means we should always respect, love and support one another.
Last Saturday, Li Hua and his brother were at home. They were playing their favorite game together, but they got into a fight about who had won the game. Li Hua tried to make things better, but his little brother was still very angry with him. Their mom overheard them fighting and told them the importance of what it meant to be a family. She said that they would always be brothers that loved each other. She said it was silly for them to fight over a game, and what was most important was their brotherly bond. Li Hua apologized to his little brother, and his little brother said he was sorry, too. Li Hua and his brother gave each other a big hug to show that there were no hard feelings. They happily went back to playing games.